Copier Leasing – Good Idea or Bad Idea?
October 28, 2015//Comments Off on Copier Leasing – Good Idea or Bad Idea?
Lease or Purchase a Copier in Denver?
So you are looking to get a new copier for the office. You have been meeting with reps and some say you should purchase a copier, others talk about leasing. We hear some interesting ideas when we chat to people about leases.
Here are some of our favorite things that are wrong and a few that are correct. Fact or Fiction?
- If I am on a lease I can upgrade the copier whenever I want to.
- Fact and Fiction – You “can,” but the remaining payments get rolled in to the new copier. So say you have $125 a month on your payment and 20 months left, whoever does a new lease will roll in the remaining $2500 into the new copier.
- I want a lease because I want the copier to be able to get service
- Service is available if you purchase a copier or lease a copier. The same “all included plan” can happen if you buy the copier and you will get the same level of service. It is like when you purchase or lease a car or building, the gas will still go in the tank or furnace if you buy or if you lease
- I cannot lease because we don’t want to blow our operating cash flow for the month
- This is the most valid reason to lease
- I don’t want to buy a copier because technology changes
- Another situation where leasing isn’t better. Maybe a 1 year rental would make more sense if that is the concern.
- My accountant says I should for tax reasons
- Fair enough. They know best on that.
If you would like to purchase or lease a copier in Denver, please give us a call. We would love to help!