Data Security and Copiers 101
June 16, 2010//Comments Off on Data Security and Copiers 101
As people are finally becoming more aware of the data security issues as it relates to copiers in Denver, there are some basics you should know before you freak out or don’t get concerned at all.
- Almost every copier produced since 2002 has a hard drive standard. What does this mean for you? There could be images of your copies on the hard drive of your copier
- Only some copiers came standard with data security kits and some of these were not configured properly, so it’s always wise to double check.
- Used copiers are flooding the market, especially with the economic climate and if you didn’t address your data, someone else may… but then again they may not. It’s on you.
- If you have to be HIIPA compliant, this is a concern.
- If you are an attorney this is a concern
- If you are an accountant, this is a concern.
- If you copy sensitive information, this is a concern
If you are getting ready to buy a new copier in Denver and you want to make sure you’re safe, we can help you out with this.