With the economy news, a lot of people have seemed to have lost their zeal for eco-friendly products in classes such as computers and copiers. We wanted to remind people we all have a social and ethical responsibility to take part in not destroying our planet (or I guess I should say our ability to live on the planet and the Earth will still be around regardless of how poorly we manage our consumerism…)
Here are some things to think about if you want to “Go Green” with your next copier purchase.
1) Try a smaller copier… why? Smaller copiers use less plastics, less packaging and less power. Consider a Lexmark X654de or a Xerox Phaser 3635 or a Xerox WorkCentre 4150 or WorkCentre 4260. These devices are all far smaller than the typical “big copier” people purchase, are extremely reliable and have low costs associated with printing.
2) Use copiers with tecnology such as Ozone free copying. This is a good thing as Ozone is not good to be breathing and is not good for the environment (at our altitude) because of its capacity to cause sickness and organically mix with other toxins and produce bad compounds for the environment.
3) Make sure to use a legit green recycler. We peronally recommend GRX here in the Denver area for electonics recycling. The are reasonably priced and do an awesome job getting all componets back in the manufacturing stream rather than shipping electroncs to Africa or China.
4) Make sure your copier has duplex printing and scanning. Save some trees.
5) Recycle your old toner cartridges. I know, a “no-brainer” … but it still must be said.
Let us know if you need a new copier or are looking for ways to Go Green with your electronics. We have many solutions to help you in this pursuit!