In order to explain what document management is, let’s look at an example. Google helps you find whatever is on the internet. Could you imagine using the internet without a search engine? There was a time when this was the reality. There were bulletin boards and it was a free for all. You could waste a lot of time looking for information if Google didn’t exist.
Document management for an office works in a similar fashion. It gives you the information you are looking for about documents extremely quickly. How does document management differ from standard scan to network?
- You can see who accessed documents and what changes they may have made.
- You can see who downloaded files and when (can help in the case where a sales rep leaves the company and you want to know if they downloaded any pricing or client info.
- Can help you find documents in any folder or by date or user
- Can help automate a process flow. For example, scan the document into the purchasing workflow and it can auto route to the correct people for approvals
- Audits are available for legal reasons. Chain of custody can be established.
- Changes in versions can be analyzed.
If you are looking to take your scanning to the next level, feel free to call us for a demo on what our software can do for you or view these videos on the topic if you want to learn more!