Here are a few situations where it DOES make sense to purchase a used copier in Denver:
- You are trying to save the world and want to make sure more things are not being unnecessarily produced. Going green is a valid reason to consider a used copier.
- You have a limited budget AND need all of the finishing options
- You have a limited budget AND need tabloid capability. (If you say, what’s tabloid? It is quite likely you don’t need it.) Tabloid is 11 X 17 paper (not legal).
When it DOES NOT make sense to purchase a used copying machine:
- You have lower volumes and print legal/letter only
- You do not have advanced finishing needs
- You do not have patience for mechanical issues
- You want a solid warranty at no additional charge.
Used copiers can be a good deal, like a used car, but you need to remember several things about used copiers.
- Used copiers are generally for sale after their 5 year lease expires… so you are getting old technology unless you look around.
- New features like scan to E mail and Scan to Network are included in the newer devices, they are not always in the older ones, so double check.
- New copiers generally do color scanning, even if they are black and white machines. If you need color scanning, be wary of used copiers.
- Used copiers are going to have more mechanical issues. If you want no problems or issues, I would avoid a used copier.
The circumstance where a used copier makes the most sense:
You want a Black and White Copier that is tabloid capable and has all the finishing options and your budget has been slashed so you need it to be inexpensive.